Dr. Kinizsi uses a Piezotome which is a revolutionary new technique for removing teeth. This technique is less traumatic and preserves bone tissue. It promotes better healing and has less pain and swelling afterward.
Reasons you may need a tooth extraction:
- Advanced periodontal disease loosening the tooth roots
- Extra teeth or baby teeth impeding on adult teeth
- In preparation of receiving orthodontic treatment
- To remove fractured teeth
- In the presence of excessive tooth decay – cannot be remedied by root canal treatment
Wisdom Tooth Extractions
Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, are usually the last teeth to develop. Wisdom teeth typically appear between 17 and 25 years of age. Sometimes a lack of space in the mouth can prevent the wisdom teeth from fully erupting from the gums and this is when they can start to cause problems. Some problems that can occur are the tooth can become impacted or stuck in a position that can be harmful to the patient’s oral health. If an impacted tooth is left untreated, this area can become susceptible to infection, cause damage to surrounding teeth, and sometimes cause cysts or tumors to develop in the mouth.