Porcelain veneers are thin layers of medical-grade ceramic, attached to the surface of the teeth to help transform a person’s smile. They are created with the patient in mind and are crafted from materials that closely resemble the appearance and feel of natural teeth. Porcelain veneers can be used for a range of cosmetic dental corrections; from enhancing the colour of the teeth to adjustments for those with alignment issues. The procedure is custom to the patient, allowing the ability to influence the size, shape, colour, and position of the teeth based on their preferences.
Reasons to get porcelain veneers:
- Chips in their teeth
- Cracks in their teeth
- Gaps between their teeth
- Minor alignment issues
- Discolouration and stains
Factors that qualify a patient to receive porcelain veneers:
- Having good periodontal and overall oral health
- Commitment to good oral hygiene practices
- Sufficient enamel health due to a layer being removed for placement of the veneers
To determine if you are a candidate for porcelain veneers, you will need to book an examination appointment with Dr.Kinizsi. This appointment will involve the following: evaluation of dental history, current dental health, and examining the condition of the teeth and enamel. If the patient is not an ideal candidate, they will be offered alternative treatment options depending on their case.
Advantages of Wearing Porcelain Veneers include the Following:
- Stain resistance: porcelain is highly resistant to stains.
- Durability & Lifespan: with the right care, porcelain veneers have a long lifespan. On average, porcelain veneers last between 10 to 15 years. By implementing good hygiene practices and making regular visits to the dentist, they are able to last longer.
- Effectiveness and efficiency: if you have slightly crooked or discoloured teeth, porcelain veneers can be an effective way to transform your smile.