What are Dental Implants
Dental implants are not a new technology. They have gained popularity for their ability to successfully restore oral health while providing a natural-looking smile. Dental implants are permanent fixtures in the mouth and are used to replace a single tooth or multiple teeth in the mouth.
Dental Implants: The Anatomy
The root is made up of a medical-grade titanium screw that acts as the root. The titanium screw will intergrade into the jaw bone permanently.
The crown is the portion of the tooth that is able to be seen. It is typically made of porcelain and is customizable to each person to achieve the perfect smile. It is strong enough to withstand biting into hard food.
The abutment is the part of the implant that holds together the implant root and crown. The abutment creates a connection between the root and the crown that makes it much more strong and permanent. In some cases dental implants can have new teeth right after surgery is completed.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Getting dental implants provides many benefits for patients.
These advantages include the following:
- Improvement in Appearance – They look and feel like natural teeth.
- Improvement in Speech – Dental implants allow you to speak with issues that may occur from the use of dentures and other tooth replacements.
- Improvement in Comfort – Implants remove the discomfort many experiences from removable dentures.
- Easier Time Eating – Dentures can make chewing difficult whereas dental implants function like natural teeth.
- Improved Self-esteem – Dental implants can give you back a natural-looking smile and boost your self-confidence.
- Improvements in Oral Health – Opposing teeth are not affected by the implant, leaving more of your natural teeth intact and improve bone and gum health, which in turn, improves long-term oral health.
- Durability – Implants are extremely durable, lasting you many years. With proper maintenance and care, many implants can last a lifetime.
- Convenience – Unlike dentures, implants eliminate the uncomfortable inconvenience of removal, as well as the use of messy adhesives to keep them in place. No worry of slippage or dentures “falling out”.
Lifetime warranty for Straumann implants
With a Straumann implant, you can fully trust in its longevity and in the long-term availability of components. Straumann provides a lifetime guarantee for implants in a situation where it would have to be replaced. Even though with growing technology, Straumann implants ensure the availability of the necessary parts to service and restore any implant placed, for years to come.